Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Raiden's Top Games List: 70-61

Due to popular demand, I've added pictures (or at least attempted to add pictures) to the updates!


70.) Warcraft 2 (PC)
The first RTS game I played. Before this I had no idea that was even a genre. I saw a friend playing it as the orcs and was so confused when I saw Pig farms.


69.) Maniac Mansion (NES)
When I found this game at a local used game store, I grabbed it off the shelf right away. It was hard enough to find a copy to rent when I was younger. I laughed the first time I accidently drowned one of my party members by having them in the pool when it was filled. I was only able to figure out how to finish the game with Bernard in the party. I still haven’t figured out if Dave has any real use.


68.) Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen (Gameboy Advance)
I could have put Red/Blue on here, but after my Red cart deleted my game with all 150, including six Mewtwo’s that I had traded over from Blue playthroughs, it had no chance. Gen 1 is easily my favorite of the Pokemon series, and with the nostalgia factor I’d be surprised if any future gen surpassed it.


67.) Chrono Trigger (SNES)
I really don’t know what to say about this game that hasn’t already been said. One of the best games ever created.


66.) Diablo 2 (PC)
I had fun playing Diablo and when my roommate Sophomore year of college started playing Diablo 2 I decided to give it a shot. We ended up spending hours on the game, farming the Secret Cow Level and doing Meph runs over and over again.


65.) Uplink (PC)
The same roommate that introduced me to Diablo 2 introduced me to Uplink during Freshman year. It’s a fun little hacking sim with branching story paths. I used to take money from really loaded bank accounts in game rather than earning money the proper way, but what can you do.


64.) Resident Evil (Gamecube)
An already excellent game upgraded in so many ways. The addition of extra areas, the crimson heads, new puzzles, this is what a remake (or upgrade) should be.


63.) Skitchin (Genesis)
I’m generally not very big on racing games and I’m not positive that this even falls into the racing category, but regardless of the genre this game is a lot of fun. Roller blade races, grabbing onto the back of cars, and beating your opponents with whatever you can find to stay ahead.


62.) Wizards and Warriors (NES)
This game had me hooked as soon as I heard the title theme, and it delivers right up until the end. I also learned what “Indestructible” meant from reading the game manual in second or third grade. Fun and educational!


61.) The Addams Family (NES)

Gomez has to rescue the rest of the family while collecting a bunch of money! I had so many issues with this game when I was younger, but when I replayed it a few years ago it was a lot easier. There’s still that one door right inside the house that I haven’t been able to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment